A dry port (sometimes inland port) is an inland intermodal terminal directly connected by road or rail or both to a seaport and operating as a center for the transshipment of sea cargo to inland destinations.
The difference is absence of water in the case of dry port, otherwise, they are the same. A dry Port is located in the hinterland where there is no water.
From the port of Origin, inform your carrier or shipping line that your cargo is destined for Kaduna Inland Dry Port. As your cargo arrives the Kaduna Inland Dry port, you can then clear and take delivery of your cargo.
- Reduced transport cost of moving freight inland by rail rather than road.
- Greater integration of transport into the supply chain.
- More efficient access to services (Customs).
- Access to additional logistics services (packaging, labelling, warehousing)
- More efficient operation (less congested Sea Port)
- Enhanced employment opportunities
- Less time in congested roads and terminals (greater asset utilization).
- Received at final destination port (KIDP) with no container deposit attached to your cargos
- The Kaduna inland dry port provides one stop shop transactions
- Port of destination and Port of Origin that facilitate trade service delivery for both import and export goods etc.